Southwest Colorado Accelerator Program for Entrepreneurs announced its 2022 cohort Thursday.
The cohort includes eight Four Corners companies:
- Outdoor Addiction, LLC (Montezuma County): Two outdoor brands, TrueFly Supply, which focuses on subscription fly fishing boxes, and Talos, a manufacturer in the fishing sector, www.trueflysupply.com.
- Higher Purpose Homes (La Plata/Montezuma County): A modular home manufacturer, focused on affordable, sustainable, quality homes, Higherpurposehomes.us.
- Base Medical (La Plata County): Online and remote training in wilderness first aid, wilderness first responder, and synthetic-aperture radar theory, www.base-medical.com.
- Farm to Summit (La Plata County): “Just-add-hot-water”’ dehydrated meals that are nutrient dense, flavor packed, and sustainably packaged utilizing local and imperfect produce, farmtosummit.com.
- GeekPack (La Plata County): Empowers women through the power of code, community and confidence by teaching tech skills alongside a supportive community, https://geekpack.com.
- PJ's Fine Bamboo Rods (Archuleta County): Custom bamboo fly rod and landing net builder, www.pjsfinebamboo.com.
- Sasquatch Expedition Campers (San Juan County): Camp trailers capable of accessing remote, rugged terrain by removing the boundaries set by traditional recreational vehicles, http://sasquatch-campers.com.
- Zia Drone Operations (San Juan County, New Mexico): Advanced aerial imagery and technology and drone and production services, Ziadroneoperations.com.
SCAPE’s mission is to help create high growth, job-creating companies in the Four Corners by providing education, mentoring and access to funding for startups and early stage companies accepted to their program.
To date, SCAPE has launched 43 companies, created 200 jobs, and raised $27 million in capital from local investors.
The 2022 class is the ninth to go through the program.
“We had a very competitive application process this year and are in awe of the ambition shown by entrepreneurs from the region,” Executive Director Elizabeth Marsh said. “In addition to the companies selected, SCAPE supports an extensive array of established businesses, investors, and the entrepreneurial ecosystem.”
Visit www.goscape.org to learn more about the companies and get involved.