The city of Cortez will have a cleanup week Sept. 26-30 for curbside pickup only.
There is no drop-off day. Items left at the curb will be picked up the same day as your regular trash.
Any elderly or disabled city resident who needs assistance moving items to the curb for pickup can contact the City Service Center at (970) 565-7320. Please call before Thursday, Sept. 22, to be put on the assistance list.
City officials ask residents to follow the guidelines for the cleanup service:
- Use the polycart for household trash and leave it in the usual location for trash pickup.
- Place loose items in box or tied up in a bag. Please put pickup wastes at the curb, not in the front yard or alley.
- Yard waste must be bagged. Cut branches in 4-foot lengths and bundle.
- Contractor waste will not be picked up.
- No tires will be picked up. Contact Big-O, Four States Tire, or Walmart for tire disposal.
- There is a $17 fee to collect each mattress.
- No electronic wastes. They can be taken to the Montezuma County landfill. Call 970-565-9858 for pricing.
- Other items that will not be picked up include air conditioners, appliances with Freon, asbestos, barrels with liquid, batteries, chemicals, freezers, hazardous wastes, oil, paint, refrigerators,and unbagged yard waste.
For information, visit cortezco.gov.