Top news from around the region
The Bridge Emergency Shelter in Cortez could face its own emergency this year, as Montezuma County commissioners recently put its location up for sale.
The decision to sell the Montezuma County justice building...
If the Montezuma County justice building sells, Sheriff Steve Nowlin will need to find a new location for the office’s evidence locker.
- Cortez might see rain, snow this weekend
- Gold King Mine spill highlighted in D.C. Twitter spat
- Colorado Senate debates Second Amendment bill
- Cortez council approves building plans over last-minute objections
- Dove Creek man gets 15 years for girlfriend’s death
As the weather warms up in Montezuma County, the Dolores Library’s “Winter Tales” lecture series will wrap up with stories from Peru, Mexico and...
- Homestyle Railroad Cafe opens in Dolores
- Narraguinnep Canal replacement project now completed
- Photo: Teacher taped to a wall
- Rico hires Kari Distefano as new town manager
- Rico home explosion still under investigation
Durango pastel artist Jan Goldman creates landscape drawings that capture the nuance of places in the Four Corners region, but still have the “fluidity and vibrancy”...
- Building grant deadline imminent for Mancos schools
- Pearson is interim principal at Mancos Elementary
- How to keep your heart warm through winter
- Mancos trustees talk traffic code
- SCCC gets new welding, auto equipment
ALBUQUERQUE — Federal wildlife managers want to release two packs of Mexican gray wolves in wilderness areas near the Arizona-New Mexico border this year in an effort to...
State Nation and World
Fort Lewis College needs to fill its two dean positions before the 2017-18 school year starts, and three finalists for each position will be visiting campus over the next week to...
- Dean Hanson scholarship applications are available now
- Photo: Students report on Native homes
- Students donate blood
- SCCC president: No plans to close Mancos campus
- Kristine Candelaria graduates from Air Force Honor Guard
Speaking to an agriculture group this month in Cortez, state legislators Don Coram and Marc Catlin said they’re prepared to help farmer and ranchers from Colorado’s...
- Colorado Senate, House hear hemp, transportation bills
- Four Corners cover crop study shows mixed results first year
- How to prune your fruit trees this winter
- Ditch, reservoir convention to tackle water, climate issues
- Montezuma County agriculture summit focuses on finance
DENVER – A measure that would augment penalties on vandals of oil- and gas-production equipment cleared a Senate committee 6-5 with Republicans in support.
- House panel OKs making wage-theft findings open to public
- HomesFund asks Cortez council for support
- Bill to protect microbreweries receives bipartisan support
- Mancos, Dolores County officials join Region 9 board
- Job training for senior citizens offered
We are fortunate to live in Southwest...