Top news from around the region
Mesa Verde National Park’s visitation has increased 8.55 percent, said spokeswoman Cristy Brown.
According to Brown, 232,518 people visited the park this year, compared with 214,199 who visited at this...
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper and former Interior Secretary Ken Salazar say a recently released Republican Party platform that promotes the transfer of federal public lands to...
- Motorcycle deaths increasing in Colorado after peak in 2015
- Cortez native returns home and opens Axl’s Glass downtown
- Rabbit in Montezuma County tests positive for tularemia
- Accused of attempted murder, Baxstrom denies he shot wife
- Public debates sales tax for broadband
- Forest officials tout benefits of Long Draw fire
- Appleseed Collective plays Dolores
- Whistleblower tells of botched investigation at Hubbell Trading Post
- Judge reverses decision to close Rio Grande Southern Hotel
- Dolores Arts Guild shows off students’ work
The Artisans of Mancos gallery plan a reception for quilter and landscape artist Nancy Nard on July 29 from 5-7 p.m. as part of the Grand Summer Nights...
- Lightning ignites small Mesa Verde fire
- Mesa Verde fire ban in effect
- Cattle Drive Coffee opens up shop near Hogan trading post
- Mesa Verde ranger to give CCC talk
- Veryl Goodnight show debuts in Fort Worth
DENVER – Proponents of an effort to gradually raise the minimum wage in Colorado submitted more than double the amount of signatures necessary to make the November...
- Wildlife officials to poison invasive fish in East Fork of Hermosa Creek
- Lawmakers discuss cracking down on illegal marijuana
- Hickenlooper set to speak at Democratic National Convention
- Free park admission for active military and veterans
- Congress members, activists seek ouster of Park Service director
State Nation and World
- Adams State to pay 100K after president bans ex-professor
- Animas High students’ sun-powered contraption qualifies for Solar Car Challenge
- Cortez library releases schedule for August Storytime sessions
- Mesa, CU Boulder add civil engineering to partnership
- Animas High School graduates’ adventure underway in solar car
The Region 9 Economic Development District of SW Colorado, Inc. has received a Rural Business Development Grant through USDA for the Southwest Colorado...
- Farm Service Agency reminds wheat producers of marketing loans
- Strength in numbers
- Growing Partners seeks six leaders for fellowship program
- Tax credit seeks to help young farmers
- Cattle grazing reintroduced to Forest Service lands
Leadership Montezuma is recruiting members for the Class of 2016-2017, which will receive training in subjects such as leadership development, board training,...
- Cortez launches Third Thursday Downtown Market
- Colorado stands at a crossroads for natural resources
- Durango, Cortez favor extension of marijuana shop hours
- XTO Energy fined $10,000 for March spill
- Study: Marijuana has less impact on tourism than thought