Top news from around the region
The “Strength of Siblings,” a short dramatic film made by youths of the Ute Mountain Ute tribe, will premiere on Sunday, Feb. 26, at the Sunflower Theatre in Cortez.
Show times are at 4:30 p.m.
After purchasing the Mancos Inn and Hostel in November 2015, owners Amy Holmgren and Sarah Allen worked many 12-hour days and completed project after project to fix up the...
- Rafting season looks likely for Lower Dolores River
- Coloradans take Utah’s lesson on public lands to heart
- Colorado Discovery Festival showcases careers in science
- Colorado Senate passes U.S. citizenship bill for peace officers
- Cortez Parks and Recreation looks for new board members
MacPherson has wanted to own...
- Three lectures planned in Dolores Library’s Winter Tales series
- Narraguinnep Canal replacement project now completed
- Photo: Teacher taped to a wall
- Rico hires Kari Distefano as new town manager
- Rico home explosion still under investigation
What a wonderful weekend in Mancos! A fundraiser for Cathy Epps brought out the town, and Friday night, the JV boys basketball team won over Dolores. The stands were full, and the...
- Durango artist’s Southwest pastels on display at Olio
- Building grant deadline imminent for Mancos schools
- Pearson is interim principal at Mancos Elementary
- How to keep your heart warm through winter
- Mancos trustees talk traffic code
The developer behind Durango’s Mirador townhomes is facing felony corruption charges in Palm Springs stemming from business dealings with the city’s former mayor and...
State Nation and World
Fort Lewis College needs to fill its two dean positions before the 2017-18 school year starts, and three finalists for each position will be visiting campus over the next week to...
- Dean Hanson scholarship applications are available now
- Photo: Students report on Native homes
- Students donate blood
- SCCC president: No plans to close Mancos campus
- Kristine Candelaria graduates from Air Force Honor Guard
The Montezuma County Fairgrounds and veteran services continue to show strong growth, according to reports presented to county commissioners.
Last year, there were 273...
- Water is top priority for Coram, Catlin
- Colorado Senate, House hear hemp, transportation bills
- Four Corners cover crop study shows mixed results first year
- How to prune your fruit trees this winter
- Ditch, reservoir convention to tackle water, climate issues
The Colorado State Patrol and Dairy Queen have partnered with a program that attempts to sweeten the deal for motorists who are pulled over and face a traffic ticket and all that...
- Colorado bill aims to protect drilling sites from vandals
- House panel OKs making wage-theft findings open to public
- HomesFund asks Cortez council for support
- Bill to protect microbreweries receives bipartisan support
- Mancos, Dolores County officials join Region 9 board